After water damage, it is important to avoid doing certain things that can make the damage worse. Here are some things you should avoid doing after water damage:
- Do not use a regular vacuum: A regular vacuum is not designed to handle water. If you use a regular vacuum to try to remove standing water, you could damage the vacuum and put yourself at risk of electrical shock.
- Do not use a hairdryer: A hairdryer is not designed to handle water. If you use a hairdryer to try to dry out the affected area, you could damage the hairdryer and put yourself at risk of electrical shock.
- Do not use a space heater: A space heater is not designed to handle water. If you use a space heater to try to dry out the affected area, you could damage the space heater and put yourself at risk of a fire.
- Do not use bleach: Bleach is not effective at killing mold. If you use bleach to try to kill mold, you could make the problem worse by spreading the mold spores.
- Do not remove moldy materials: If you have mold growth, it is important to leave the moldy materials in place. Removing the moldy materials can spread the mold spores and make the problem worse.
Call (702) 845-1325 or contact us online to learn more about our water damage restoration services and to schedule an appointment.
Rudy and his team were fantastic when our kitchen flooded they were professional, supportive, thorough, and great communicators throughout the entire process. Have to give a special shout-out to Austin and Elias for all their hard work and helping me keep my sanity as they literally took apart my kitchen.
Highly recommend it when chaos ensues!Courtney H.
For Henderson NV, give us a call at (702) 845-1325
Located In Henderson, NV 89011 Book Online